MS Suite 501
33 6th St S, St. Petersburg , FL 33701
Designed by architect William Harvard and built by contractors Mills and Jones, this modern building was constructed as the new home of the St. Petersburg Federal Savings and Loan Association in 1953. Initially built as a four-story structure, three additional stories were added in 1959. Other additions, designed by the architecture firm of William Harvard and Blanchard Jolly, were built in 1974 and 1978. St. Petersburg Federal Savings and Loan remained the owner until the early 1980s. It is significant as a fine example of mid-century modern architecture.